Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine for Women’s Health – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
While women and men both can suffer from some of the common conditions often treated with Chinese Medicine, women also have unique health needs not shared with men. Most of these involve the reproductive system and its functions throughout a woman’s life. Other health problems, such as migraine headaches, seem to affect women more often than men.
I am in my late forties. My hormones had begun to change so I thought I would try acupuncture to ease the transition. My friend recommended Amy. We have been working together for about three months. In that time my energy has returned, I’m in a better mood and, much to my delight, my flagging libido is much improved! – Debbie, Orono, MN
Chinese Medicine has recognized the differences between women’s health and men’s health since the very beginning. Combining acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine, there are many ways that Traditional Chinese Medicine offers unique treatments, specifically targeted at the unique health problems of women. Amy Nystrom, L.Ac. has long experience treating health conditions specific to women. Some of these include:
- Painful Menstruation – Dysmenorrhea is a common affliction among women. Painful menstruation is caused by a number of factors, but always interferes with normal activities and well-being. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine offers a number of ways to help relieve this condition.
- Irregular Menstruation – The body is normally very regular in its actions. When menstruation becomes irregular it is often a signal of imbalance. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine may regularize the menstrual period.
- Fertility Issues – For some women, difficulties in conception can be effectively treated using acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. Every case of fertility problems is unique, and may respond to western medical care, alternative treatment or a combination of the two. Careful evaluation is important here.
- Pregnancy Care – From treating nausea and morning sickness to helping sustain women’s health throughout pregnancy, Chinese Medicine can be very valuable. Not only does it help the mother-to-be, but can also help the unborn child. A Healthy Baby Protocol is available and helps assure good health for the child even before birth. It is very popular with many mothers-to-be.
- Postpartum Care – Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine can be very helpful in relieving symptoms and other issues after birth and in easing the return to normal activities and physical condition. Nursing mothers also find many benefits from treatment and care.
- Infant and Children’s Care – Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine are also very beneficial for infants and children in maintaining and restoring health. Amy Nystrom often treats children, from infancy right through adolescence, with excellent results. Her patience and friendly personality puts children of all ages at ease.
- Menopausal Health – Menopause or the cessation of menstruation represents a major change in hormonal balance for women. During the time before actual menopause begins and after the cessation of menstruation, many women find relief from symptoms generated from this hormonally volatile time through acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine.
- Migraine Headaches – More common in women than in men, these disabling headaches often respond very well to acupuncture and other treatment modalities. Many women report dramatic results.
- Stress, Anxiety, and Insomnia – If you suffer from any of these conditions, acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine may have effective treatments for you that can help relieve them.
- Nutritional Counseling – At every age, both women and men need a healthful diet. A well-balanced diet with an emphasis on whole foods is a powerful influence that helps maintain and restore wellness. Amy Nystrom’s education and experience can help you find a diet that provides the nutrition you need along with the pleasure of good food.
Amy has not only been a healthcare professional, but she has been a friend and confidante as well. My glandular problems have cleared up and my menopause symptoms are nothing but more than a slight nuisance anymore! – Clare, Maple Grove, MN
Amy Nystrom, L. Ac. – Understanding, Compassion, and Expertise
As a woman, Amy Nystrom has a deep personal and understanding of the unique health issues of women, and is dedicated to helping women achieve ideal health and wellness. Her unique combination of education, training, and experience lets her combine acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and nutritional counseling to relieve many conditions and help you gain the robust wellness that is the natural state. Her patient, caring and non-judgmental approach, along with her recognition of the value of both western medicine and Oriental medicine can help you achieve your health goals. Contact Amy Nystrom to make an appointment for an initial evaluation and treatment.