Chinese Medicine Treatment Methods – Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN
As a Minnesota licensed acupuncturist, Amy Nystrom, L.Ac. naturally makes wide use of acupuncture and its associated treatment modalities in her practice. She is also trained in the use of Chinese herbal medicine. Her Master of Science degree in Oriental Medicine from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in San Diego, CA, is the foundation of her practice of Chinese Medicine. In addition, her degree in Nutrition from Bastyr University in Washington state is the basis for her expertise in nutritional therapy. In combination, she can offer a wide range of treatment methods to her patients. Since she began working as a health care provider in 1991, her experience has added to her abilities and skills.
I initially saw Amy in the hopes of alleviating symptoms from Fibromyalgia. After getting my pain under control, we started to work together on weight loss. With Amy’s assistance and coaching, I lost over 30 pounds in 4 months. I feel stronger, healthier and more energetic. Pairing nutrition with acupuncture has helped me immensely. Amy’s patience, passion for good health and dedication to helping others sets her apart from other practitioners! – Nina, Minnetonka, MN
Click the links below to learn more about each treatment method. Among the treatment modalities available in her practice are:
- Acupuncture – This treatment method, including a number of techniques associated with basic acupuncture, is the mainstay of Amy Nystrom’s practice. In recent years, its efficacy and usefulness have been increasingly demonstrated by western medical research. At its core is the almost painless insertion of ultra fine, sterile needles into one or more of over 1000 acupuncture points on the body. This stimulates the proper flow and supply of Qi, the body’s vital energy and information system. Chinese Medicine also includes several additional treatment modalities, including:
- Moxa – An herbal warming treatment
- Cupping – An effective adjunct to acupuncture
- Electrical Stimulation – Micro currents, used with acupuncture needles
- Tui Na – A manual manipulation method of treatment
- Qi Gong – Postural and movement techniques
- Ear and Scalp Acupuncture – Including ear seeds
- Magnets & Light – Additional treatments used with acupuncture
- Chinese Herbal Medicine – Chinese herbal medicine is based on principles that date back 2500 years. It is very different from western herbology, which only treats symptoms. Chinese herbal remedies are complex combinations of ingredients based on a Chinese medical diagnosis and compounded to treat the entire system and eliminate side effects. Using only natural ingredients, Chinese herbal medicines promote the body’s own powers of healing and recuperation. A wide range of ingredients is used, in a variety of forms. A combination of acupuncture and herbal medicines is often recommended. If you are taking prescription medications, special care is taken to assure compatibility of herbal remedies with those prescriptions.
- Nutritional Therapy – Almost all chronic health issues respond to proper nutrition. Amy Nystrom, L.Ac. uses her training and her holistic approach and works with patients to achieve a healthy, balanced diet plan, based on whole foods and patient preferences. The goal is to arrive at an ideal balance that achieves the desired goals. Combined with other treatments or on its own, nutritional therapy is a powerful way to plan a return to health and wellness and to maintain that wellness.
- Light Therapy – FDA-approved for the treatment of the pain and stiffness of Arthritis, this therapy is now part of Amy Nystrom’s practice. Not just limited to arthritis, this therapy can help treat a number of painful conditions including acute pain and trauma. Light therapy is painless and free of the side effects of many medications. Amy may recommend this therapy for your problem as an addition to other treatments.
- Facial Rejuvenation – The use of acupuncture for cosmetic purposes may decrease the appearance of fine lines and other facial appearance issues. Using ultra-fine acupuncture needles and supplemented by a variety of other techniques, Cosmetic Acupuncture may enhance your physical appearance and give you the outer radiance you’re seeking. Suitable for both men and women, it involves no harsh chemicals, surgery or peels, but is based on time-tested acupuncture principals.
A Holistic Approach to Health and Wellness
All treatment methods used by Amy Nystrom, L.Ac. are based on the body’s own ability to heal itself. Traditional Chinese Medicine has been used for over 2000 years, and its techniques and methods are time-tested and very effective. Unlike some practitioners of alternative medical techniques, Amy Nystrom, L.Ac. believes that her practice works in conjunction with other medical approaches, including modern western medicine. Many of her patients are referred to her by physicians and she often refers her own patients to other doctors and practitioners. She believes that a combination of treatment methods and philosophies is often the best solution. Careful evaluation of each patient and a well-planned combination of treatment modalities are always her approach.
Amy Nystrom, L.Ac. – Trusted, Time-Proven Treatments and Care
From her convenient office in Wayzata, MN, about 10 minutes from Minneapolis Downtown, Amy Nystrom, L.Ac. offers a careful, well-considered approach to acupuncture and other treatments. Every patient is carefully evaluated and a treatment plan is designed to help patients attain maximum results in their quest for wellness. Amy’s patients get personalized care, based on their unique needs and conditions. Contact her office today to set up an appointment for an evaluation or treatment.