Acupuncture for Men’s Infertility, Erectile Dysfunction, Prostate – Minneapolis St. Paul, MN
Men and women share many health concerns and issues, but like women; men have their own unique set of health issues. Some of these are related to the types of work and other activities that men do, while others are related to the male reproductive system. Some ailments, too, are more common in men than in women. Just as western medicine recognizes the difference between the sexes, so does Chinese Medicine, which encompasses acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine, along with other treatment modalities.
Amy Nystrom, L.Ac., studied these differences while working toward her Master of Science degree from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, CA. That training, along with her experience as a health care practitioner since 1991, has led her to understand the unique health issues faced by men. Adding her training in nutrition to this, she is uniquely equipped to evaluate and treat these issues. Her friendly, non-judgmental approach will put you at ease, both during evaluation and treatment.
My wife and I were trying to get pregnant. As it turns out it was because of me. After a few lifestyle changes and about a month of treatments my sperm was normal. It wasn’t long after that and we were pregnant. – Pat, Long Lake, MN
Some of the conditions unique or more common in men that she has treated many times include:
- Pain from Work or Activity-Related Injuries – Work activities, sports, and physical hobbies often lead to various injuries. While these are not unique to men, they’re more often seen in men. Back pain, joint pain in knees and elbows, and muscle strains and sprains are more common in men than in women. Whatever the source of such pain, acupuncture has long been recognized as an effective way to relieve pain. When pain is relieved, your recovery from these injuries will be faster and you’ll be able to resume your normal activities sooner.
- Stress and Insomnia – Many men experience high stress levels from work, and this can lead to pain, insomnia, and other health issues. Today, worry about financial issues adds to those stresses. Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine offer a number of effective treatments that can restore balance to your life and relieve symptoms caused by stress.
- Cluster Headaches – While rare, these disabling headaches occur far more frequently in men than in women. If you have been diagnosed with cluster headaches, you already know how difficult they can be to treat. Through acupuncture, the frequency and duration of these headaches may be lessened and the length of the episodes may be reduced.
- Fertility Problems – Acupuncture and the use of Chinese herbal medicine have been shown in a number of studies to increase sperm counts, motility, and sperm morphology in men. If you are seeking improved fertility or are having difficulty conceiving a child with your partner, consider acupuncture and Chinese Medicine.
- Erectile Dysfunction – If you are having issues with achieving or maintaining an erection, there can be many causes of this common problem. In some cases, a combination of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine may help. Each case is unique, of course, and western medical treatments are also available, but many have found help through Chinese Medicine.
- Prostate Problems – The prostate gland is unique to men. Problems with the prostate gland often appear with advancing age. In most cases, this is related to Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH), but prostate cancer can also occur. If prostate problems occur, a proper medical evaluation from a physician should always be obtained. If the diagnosis is BPH, however, significant relief may be obtained through acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and dietary changes.
I came to see Amy to treat my knee pain. My knee pain went away right away but I also gained a ton of energy that I didn’t realize I was lacking! – Brian, Golden Valley, MN
Amy Nystrom, L. Ac. – Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, and More for Men
Amy Nystrom is always glad to meet new patients. Her combination of acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, and nutritional counseling can help everyone maintain and recover the robust good health and wellness we are all searching for. If you have any of the health concerns listed on this page or on our Conditions Treated page, contact Amy Nystrom for an appointment for an evaluation and initial treatment. Like all of her patients, you’ll find that her professionalism and nonjudgmental approach will put you at ease.